Website The MATCH Fund
We’re an international women’s fund (the only one in Canada) working at the intersection of women’s rights and innovation. We fund grassroots women’s rights organizations that are Holding Ground and Breaking Ground for women’s rights.
Position Title: Senior Officer, Global Programs (primarily Middle East portfolio)
Reports to: Manager, Global Programs
Language: Fluent in English, ability to work in Arabic, French/Spanish an asset
Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2018
The MATCH Fund is Canada’s first and only international women’s fund. We support grassroots women’s rights organizations to dismantle barriers, challenge perceptions and, ultimately, transform society. It is an exciting time to join the organization and play a significant role in our growth and development.
The MATCH Fund is looking for dedicated and competent Senior Officer to join our global program supporting grassroots women’s rights organizations in different regions. We are looking for an individual with sound judgment and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently in a self-led environment and as part of an exciting team. In this position, you will scout organizations working at the intersection of women’s rights and innovation (primarily in the Middle East), manage the grant cycle for your portfolio, maintain excellent relationships with grantee partners and other stakeholders and participate in all aspects of the work of a dynamic and growing program team funding feminist work around the world.
NATURE AND SCOPE
In the Senior Officer position, you will play a key role in growing and managing The Match Fund grant-making portfolio in different regions, primarily the Middle East. Reporting to the Manager of Global programs this role focuses on partner scouting and supporting the grantee selection process, grant management, accompanying and amplifying the work of our grantees and participating in the monitoring, evaluation and learning of The MATCH Fund’s programs. You will assist in particular with monitoring progress and documenting grantee stories of change to share with different organizational stakeholders, mainly fundraising and communications teams. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to work with diverse audiences (activists, stakeholders, donors) and support proposal writing and program development efforts to mobilize resources as opportunities arise.
- Develop and manage diverse grant-making portfolios in priority regions, primarily the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
- Implement different stages of the grant-management process (outreach, selection process and management of the grant-cycle including preparation of grant agreements and processing payments) and contribute to the development of tools and processes as required
- Act as the main liaison for grantee partners in your portfolio, managing relationships, accompaniment and maintaining ongoing communication
- Stay up to date on issues and trends affecting women, girls and trans rights as well as the context for feminist organizations in relevant regions
- Broker relationships and connect partners with other funders and opportunities to increase their visibility and profile, including learning/coaching opportunities, and connection to resources for the protection of human rights defenders
- Work closely with MEL Specialist to collect relevant data/reports from grantees to highlight progress and stories of change
- Work collaboratively with other program team members in program development efforts and proposal writing to mobilize resources
- Work collaboratively with communications and fundraising teams to maximize opportunities to promote, advocate and secure support for grantee partners
- Support other program management including administrative responsibilities and compliance processes as needed
- Represent The MATCH Fund at meetings and convenings
Qualifications and competencies:
- University degree in women’s studies, human rights, international development, or related field
- Commitment to the work and values of The MATCH Fund
- At least 3-5 years’ experience administering grants and developing and maintaining strong partnerships
- International experience, in particular strong understanding of feminist issues, advocacy and opportunities and challenges for movement building facing women’s rights organizations in the MENA region and the global South more broadly
- Knowledge of and experience working on women, girls and trans rights and social innovation desired
- Experience in proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in monitoring grantee progress and program data collection and analysis
- Fluency in English and ability to work in Arabic, French/Spanish an asset
- Excellent administration and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously working under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to work within a diverse team and with diverse audiences (activists, stakeholders, donors and communities) from politically and culturally diverse backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions
- Superior oral and written communication skills: clear and concise writing style;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with databases and information management systems
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter quoting “Senior Officer – Global Programs” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com