Website Développement international Desjardins
For more than 45 years, Développement international Desjardins (DID) has been working with developing and emerging countries towards the goal of sharing the expertise and experience of Desjardins Group, the largest cooperative financial group in Canada. Our goal is to provide disadvantaged communities around the world with access to secure, diversified financial services that fit their needs.
Working in the Consulting Expertise branch, your role consists of ensuring the organization, direction and control of the human, material and financial resources essential for the execution of large-scale projects targeting capacity building and the transfer of expertise. Your determination to achieve projected results and your ability to motivate the commitment of individuals enable you to efficiently and effectively mobilize and supervise multidisciplinary teams in order to attain the targeted objectives and results. You collaborate and interact with a large number of institutions and agencies (ministries, central banks, state banks, specialized funds, financial institutions) and civil society institutions (NGOs), both in Canada and in the project countries.
- You are responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring and quality of mandates entrusted to you. You favour a proactive methodological approach that takes into account the challenges linked to operations, the complexity of the delivery context, interfaces and linkages with other ongoing
- You actively contribute to the various phases of contract negotiation in order to ensure both technical and financial
- You mobilize and coordinate the work of the project teams both at the head office and abroad. You are able to exercise positive leadership in the management of projects executed in collaboration and/or in consortium with other Canadian and local
- You ensure optimal management of resources regarding budgets, deadlines and quality, while respecting the standards and procedures of our various clients.
- You demonstrate creativity, dexterity and rigour in identifying strategies, methodologies, activities and skills required to achieve targeted
- You proactively identify and analyze risks and impacts that could affect the interventions under your responsibility and develop realistic and effective attenuation
- You contribute to the outreach of DID by developing and maintaining solid ties with donors, government structures in project countries and Canadian and local executing and implementing
- You play a leading role in the development and implementation of DID’s advocacy strategy with potential donors and clients, in particular Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
- You participate in the design, development and promotion of new initiatives (concept documents, unsolicited proposals, calls for tender).
- You act as a facilitator for identifying and concluding new
What we are looking for
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management or other relevant discipline. A master’s degree is an
- You have at least 8 years experience in managing and monitoring projects, including 3 years coordinating a multidisciplinary
- You are familiar with financial institutions and the challenges linked to financial inclusion in emerging and developing economies.
- You have considerable international work experience. Practical knowledge of South America is a major
- You are fluent in French and Spanish, both spoken and written. You are also comfortable interacting in
- You are known for your political sense and your client-based
- You have excellent negotiating, interpersonal communication and networking
- You have a good command of the concepts linked to results-based management (RBM) and gender
- You are able to adapt to various socio-economic and cultural
- You are available for frequent travel
- Your knowledge of Global Affairs Canada makes you an ideal
Submit your application to www.desjardins.com (competition R1910938). Deadline: September 2nd, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit desjardins.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.