We believe that no one should suffer or die from preventable diseases or lack opportunities because of where they were born. That’s why we work every day to bring an end to extreme poverty, where people live on less than USD $1.90 a day.
This position is a maternity leave cover and is for a term of 1 year.
Results Canada is recruiting a Parliamentary Affairs Manager to join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers. We are a national grassroots advocacy organization that is committed to creating the political will to end extreme poverty and to educating and supporting Canadians to become effective and powerful advocates for change.
The Parliamentary Affairs Manager reports to the Campaigns Director and will lead the parliamentary strategy of the organization. The Parliamentary Affairs Manager is a member of the Campaigns team at Results Canada and works closely with partners both within Canada and across the globe. The position includes opportunities for both domestic and international travel.
Parliamentary relations (60%)
- Develops and leads the implementation of Results Canada’s parliamentary engagement advocacy strategy.
- Builds sustainable relationships with elected and appointed government officials and staff to promote the mandate of Results Canada.
- Identifies, understands and manages government-related issues, such as budgets, legislation, petitions, and committee studies.
- Contributes to advocacy around political moments and events with global colleagues, such as the G7.
- Manages relationships with and represents Results Canada on relevant political and advocacy coalitions.
- Overall project management of MP delegations and other political travel.
- Manages the contacts database for both staff and citizen advocate interactions with Parliamentarians.
- Proactively identifies political, parliamentary and media opportunities to advocate for Results Canada’s issues.
- Oversees the work of the Parliamentary Officer.
- Leads on monthly reporting to the Lobbying commissioner.
Public engagement and communications (20%)
- Works closely with the public engagement team to effectively integrate citizen advocates into government and parliamentary strategies.
- Oversee the development and production tools to support parliamentary engagement by Results Canada volunteers.
Campaigns and policy analysis (20%)
- Works with the Campaigns Director and team to develop and advance policies and increase funding for global poverty initiatives.
- Supports formal policy inputs for political processes such as pre-budget submissions.
- Minimum BA in international development/affairs, public policy, public health, political science or other related fields.
- Experience in government relations, advocacy, and political outreach in Canada.
- Experience with meeting and event coordination.
- Experience working with volunteers, citizen advocates and/or community groups.
- Excellent organizational skills, goal-oriented and proactive.
- Proven written and oral communications skills.
- Bilingual in English and French is strongly preferred.
Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you are a suitable candidate. This is a full time position. Salary is competitive and includes a benefits package once the successful applicant has passed the probationary period.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2020 and include the title of the position (Parliamentary Affairs Manager) in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Results Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
To apply for this job please visit resultscanada.ca.