For over 50 years, the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) has provided global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders.
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – http://www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to achieve our vision of “Treatment For All” around the world.
The WFH is looking for an autonomous and highly skilled senior assistant possessing superior work administration and communications know-how and experience to effectively and efficiently provide executive level support with the administration of the CEO’s Office, as well as act as Boards liaison and secretary. The incumbent will also afford administrative support to the Communications & Marketing department.
Reporting to: CEO
Type of position: regular, full-time
Location: Montreal (WFH headquarters)
Start Date: IMMEDIATE (latest JULY 1st, 2019)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant principally supports in full confidence, the organization’s senior executive and key board members as well as directors in a fast-paced, demanding world health environment, taking initiative, prioritizing needs, and effectively meeting tight deadlines.
Applying diligence and his/her superior administration skills & experience, the incumbent smooths the way for all to be efficient in their roles. In addition, the Executive Assistant’s coordination experience and knowledge about non-profit board best-practices and WFH governance assist the organization to be compliant with set regulations and run efficiently.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities –
CEO’s Office –
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties assigned with deliberate speed and accuracy under minimum supervision.
- Provide executive level support to the CEO and the Board President (world-based), including coordination of WFH calendars; travel arrangements; expense management.
- Participate, lead daily follow-up with CEO on ongoing activity, outstanding matters.
- Schedule CEO appointments CEO, including maintenance of electronic calendar and coordination of logistics required for meetings. Identify shifting priorities in order to adjust the CEO’s schedule as necessary.
- Assist with the organization & planning of the General Assembly, leading the call for nominations and election process, the preparation and mailing of Assembly materials, as well as onsite support; ensure, oversee organization’s compliance with GA constitutional and legal requirements (ballots, vote, official minutes, etc.).
- Write, edit, and format communiqués, presentations, reports, other, with expediency & confidence.
- Compose letters, memos, reports on behalf of the CEO and the Board President (mainly in English), identifying, researching and gathering background information from appropriate sources.
- Prepare materials for various conferences, speaking engagements, including drafting Power Point presentations.
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system including paper and electronic records; act as database coordinator (update contact information; create, maintain queries).
- Manage through influence, internal and external relations.
- Work on special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Afford support to WFH senior management as need be on matters requiring restricted or confidential administrative assistance.
Board matters (WFH and WFH USA) –
- Build strong relationships with Board Executive (President, Vice-Presidents) and all members.
- Organize and execute all Board meeting-related administrative tasks, including scheduling and all meetings logistics.
- Prepare, support the development of related Board agendas and meeting documents; distribute material for in-person or virtual Boards meetings; attend as needed & record minutes; ensure all follow-ups, minutes completed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Work with the CEO and the WFH President on developing & implementing orientation material and training plans for new board members.
- Act as a resource for the CEO and Board President on governance matters.
- Providing technical and administrative support to board members when needed.
Communications & Marketing team-
- Assist the Director, Communications & Marketing (MarCom) and team with administrative support responsibilities pertaining to meetings scheduling, travel arrangements, data & information tracking and updating, invoicing, general correspondence & communiqués, other.
- Offer specific support related to MarCom activities: coordinate translations, print, other support services & requests; develop power point presentations; track Marcom deliverables; liaise with IT team and other departments as required.
Carry out any other task relevant to the position as required by the CEO, the WFH President, or the Director, MarCom.
Qualifications & Requirements –
- College Degree (D.E.C) in Administration, Office management, or equivalent;
- 6-9 years of work experience, including minimum five (5) years as Executive Assistant; not-for profit, international organization – preferred
- Experience, current knowledge of non-profit governance (developing, implementing and maintaining management & governance coordination systems and processes) – preferred
- Track record of providing excellent, pro-active senior administrative support to busy, high energy, traveling executives
- Superior office administration and work management skills: details-oriented, organized, able to prioritize, multi-task & work on several projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment; thorough in execution, efficient
- Experience with social media, basic web writing & editing and basic graphic design principles (online & print material) – preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; plus experience working with mailings, database software (familiarity with Raiser’s Edge – an asset)
- Motivated to work independently with little supervision; adaptable & flexible when directed;
- Creative and resourceful, with ability to take initiative, make decisions independently
- Positive attitude, with abundant initiative, good judgment and exceptional diplomacy skills
- Strong sense of confidentiality, professionalism, tact, diplomacy, superior judgement
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment; sensitive to cross-cultural issues
- Mastery of English as primary language of work (excellent oral and written communication), plus working knowledge of French; fluency in another international language/s (Spanish preferred)
- Willingness & flexibility to undertake occasional international travel (biennal congress).
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in full confidence an English resume and cover letter (essential) IMMEDIATELY (deadline: Mon. Jun 17, 2019) to:
E: email@example.com Fx: +1 514.875.8916
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia – http://www.wfh.org
1425, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 1200 Montréal, Qc H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
To apply for this job please visit wfh.org.