The Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) is Canada’s independent national voice for international development. Together with 80+ member organizations, CCIC seeks to end global poverty and promote social justice and human dignity for all.
Immediate Supervisor: Event Planner
Schedule: 36 days (September 9th – November 29th, see schedule below)
The Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) is Canada’s independent national voice for international development. Together with 80+ member organizations, CCIC seeks to end global poverty and promote social justice and human dignity for all. This year marks CCIC’s 50th anniversary.
The Event Coordinator will work directly with Event Planner, CCIC staff members and event partners and work on the public event following the Summit on Canada’s Global Leadership and other surrounding events. Tasks include, but are not limited to: logistics, communications, visa support, registration, and hospitality.
Skills & Abilities
⦁ Relevant university or college diploma or equivalent in a relevant field;
⦁ Full working proficiency in French and English;
⦁ Strong graphic design skills
⦁ Good communication skills
⦁ Strong organizational skills
1. Coordinate and participate in event related meetings
2. Work with Communications Officer to create promotional materials for the event
3. Assist in developing the public event agenda
4. Coordinate necessary follow-up with confirmed speakers and panelists, including accommodation, registration and transportation needs.
5. Coordinate volunteer-related activities, including organizing training and creating job descriptions
6. Liaising with venues
7. Coordinate hospitality, including organizing catering and cash bar
8. Support internal and external communications and publicity related to the public event including emails, conference website, conference app and social media
9. Promote the event
Please submit your resume and cover letter by August 23 5pm
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CCIC is committed to employment equity.
Week of # Days/week
Sept. 9th 2
Oct. 7th 3
Nov. 4th 3
Total: 36 days (252 hours)
To apply for this job please visit ccic.bamboohr.com.