Website World Federation of Hemophilia
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – http://www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to achieve our vision of “Treatment For All” around the world.
He/she will principally be tasked with managing the production lifecycle of educational resources: needs assessment, project planning, execution, development (current material revisions, reprints, and new material), step by step follow-through, writing, editing, and/or adapting content, as well as coordinating production.
The WFH is looking for an experienced, highly-effective, and technically-knowledgeable self- starter to be responsible as Educational Materials Manager for the development & production of WFH’s educational materials – print and online – and all related activities.
The Educational Materials Manager will also oversee the uploading of content, maintenance, and ongoing design and development of the WFH eLearning platform, liaising with IT team.
The incumbent is further responsible for implementing as well as developing & analyzing metrics to evaluate all educational materials and resources produced in support of the WFH mission and its strategic objectives.
Type of position: regular; full-time
Reporting to: Director, Research & Education
Location: Montreal Head office (downtown); Covid home-based presently
Start date: IMMEDIATE (end SEPT 2020 latest)
Principal duties and responsibilities –
- Manage as per work plan objectives and based on a sound understanding of education and learning methodologies, all steps of the conceptualization, design, planning, prioritization, development, translation, update/revision, reprints and production of educational and capacity-building resources, including: publications, curricula for training workshops, print materials, eLearning modules, online resources and other training materials
- Oversee ongoing assessment, analysis and identification of knowledge gaps and educational resource needs, and their impact among various stakeholders of the WFH bleeding disorders community – including but not limited to patients, healthcare professionals and/or national patient organizations;
- Write, copy edit and/or adapt content, proofread,format all resources to be suitable for target stakeholder audience;
- Manage the WFH Publications Database and WFH eLearning Platform;
- Recruit, engage with, and support volunteer writers, authors and reviewers to develop, review/update educational resources — facilitate exchanges and feedback on all drafts as well as coordinate comments back to authors;
- Work with the Director of Research & Education and the CEO on identifying sources of funding for various education programs and initiatives;
- Engage with healthcare education agencies to out-source the production of specific educational resources;
- Manage the promotion and dissemination of the eLearning Platform and WFH educational materials & resources as well as the delivery of educational activities at meetings and events;
- Represent WFH educational initiatives at international events and international collaborations, ensure that materials resulting from these collaborations meet the WFH’s standards for excellence and global appropriateness;
General duties and responsibilities –
- Facilitate the work of key volunteers and WFH committees involved in educational activities;
- Administer activities involved in the role, including: preparation of annual educational materials budget and prioritized work plan; provision of regular reporting, tracking and forecasting within approved budget guidelines;
- Oversee inventory, reprints; coordinate approvals of translations and permission requests;
- Produce impact and/or distribution summaries of WFH educational materials as needed;
- Carry out any other task relevant to the position as required by the Director, Research & Education
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS –
- University degree (preferably graduate degree) in education, curriculum development, public health, life / health sciences, instructional technology, and/or related field
- Six to nine (6-9) years minimum of relevant work experience in the development of educational & training materials for international development and/or healthcare community
- Minimum five (5) years proven track record in writing, editing, and coordinating production of curricula and/or educational resources in the medical or healthcare field – essential; knowledge of hemophilia and/or bleeding disorders an asset;
- Superior writing and editing skills, with ability to communicate complex medical concepts in language suitable to specific target audience (patient, healthcare professional, advocate, policy maker, others)
- Experience in print and online publishing
- Demonstrable effective project and time management skills; able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks & work on several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, produce deliverables as assigned
- Critical thinker, resourceful; adept at taking initiative and following through; able to solve problems; effective in a fast-paced, changing environment; motivated and self-driven
- Excellent organizational skills; attentive to detail
- Highly collaborative with others; ability to work well with various staff teams and international volunteers & external stakeholders
- High computer proficiency, with extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, internet); familiarity with eLearning platforms & multimedia software; LMS experience – asset
- Superior written & oral communication skills in English (essential to daily WFH international work); working knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or other international language(s) – preferred
- Entitled to live and work in Quebec, Canada
- Availability & flexibility to undertake occasional international travel as needed (post Covid-19 restrictions)
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Interesting insurance plans & employee benefits.
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia -Please send an ENGLISH resume & COVER LETTER (essential) IMMEDIATELY to: E: email@example.com
Fx: +1 514.875.8916
Montréal, QC H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org