RESULTS Canada is a global movement of passionate citizens, committed to raising our voices for a world without extreme poverty.
Join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers and help make change possible.
RESULTS Canada is recruiting a Communications Officer to work in our Ottawa office. We are a global movement of citizens committed to raising our voices for a world without extreme poverty. We advocate for resources and improved policies that give people living in poverty the health, education and opportunities they need to thrive.
Within the overarching objective of RESULTS Canada and under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Outreach, the Communications Officer’s responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the communications strategy and ladders of engagement to help onboard, educate and empower our stakeholders
- Develop communications plans for key campaigns and important organizational moments
- Ensure branding guidelines and key messages are consistently used across communications platforms and tools
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the strategy and engagement ladders, as well as producing reports and analysis as required
- Support the organization and execution of various RESULTS Canada events and conferences
- Develop and maintain communications tools, planning calendars and departmental processes
Online Content Management
- Create and maintain up-to-date and relevant content for the RESULTS Canada website, social media accounts and communications tools including reports, blog and newsletter
- Ability to respond dynamically to troubleshoot issues, conduct live streams, post instantly and engage with replies and comment, where necessary
- Conduct regular monitoring and analysis of website and social media content and provide recommendations to improve performance metrics
Media and Outreach
- Identify and capitalize on media opportunities, either directly through RESULTS or through RESULTS network of partnerships
- Maintain a contacts database of all RESULTS stakeholders including media and volunteers
- Monitor and distribute media mentions and published advocacy work of RESULTS Canada volunteers across the country
- Develop media plans, press releases and other media content, as required
Publication and Materials Development
- Coordinate the development, layout and design of soft and hard copy publications, including the Annual Report, conference documents and marketing and communications materials
- Oversee the concept development, editing and production of promotional and educational videos
- Create materials, templates and content for advocacy tools in line with the communications strategy, in collaboration with the campaigns and public engagement teams
- 3 to 5 years of communications experience
- University degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Professional proficiency in both French and English; bilingual strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills including strong internet capabilities
- Excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Familiarity working with social media organizing software (ex. Hootsuite)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Demonstrated skills developing content including social media, editorials, marketing and communications copy in English (and French – preferred)
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and provide rapid-response
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills required; detail orientation is a must
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector in international development and/or a volunteer organization
- Experience working in an organization that prioritizes advocacy and/or public engagement
- Experience using a CRM to capture, manage and action organizational contacts
- Experience working with a CMS (ex. WordPress) and editing HTML & CSS files
- Familiarity with layout and design software
- Familiarity with video and audio editing software
Position will be full time (37.5 hours/week), based in downtown Ottawa, ON.
Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you are a suitable candidate. Salary is competitive and includes a benefits package once the successful applicant has passed the probationary period.
Please email your application by November 16, 2018 to email@example.com and please include the title of the position (Communications Officer) in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
RESULTS Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org