The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and around the world.
Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS) is a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
- Are you an experienced professional in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) field with international field experience?
- Do you want to lend your talents to helping vulnerable populations recover and build more resilient communities after disasters?
- Are you looking for a challenge working in difficult environments that will reshape how you look at community development?
The Canadian Red Cross is looking to expand its register of professionals that can be eventually deployed as delegates in responses in Canada and abroad. When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, rather you are applying to be added to our Shelter, Construction and WASH (SCW) Register, to be called upon for future international and domestic deployments, as and when the need for your professional skillset is required. As opportunities become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Every year thousands of families lose their homes and property due to natural disaster or are forcibly displaced because of violence and war. The SCW Unit at CRCS supports Red Cross responses around the world and aims to recruit expert built-environment professionals to work with those who have been affected to rebuild sustainable, resilient communities that are safe and secure.
This opportunity means that if you are selected to be part of the SCW Register, you will be provided a learning and health pathway towards being a Canadian Red Cross-deployable delegate that can be called upon during times of emergency or project requirements.
How to Apply:
Professionals are invited to apply to one or more of the umbrella profiles in the SCW Register:
- Shelter and Settlement – AEC Professionals who can provide support and technical and program management expertise for projects involving emergency and long-term shelter and housing settlement assistance in affected communities. Apply here
- Construction – AEC Professionals who can provide a range of support services including project management, technical expertise, and on-site supervision for the construction of larger building structures such as hospitals, clinics and local Red Cross branch building. Apply here
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) – AEC/Technical Professionals with expertise in the systems and processes for providing clean water, healthy sanitation systems, and support to communities to improve healthy living conditions. Apply here
Professional qualifications in one or more of the following professions: engineering, architecture, construction, water, sanitation, environment, urban planning, or related technical field; at least 3 years experience in the aforementioned professions with proven experience in project management; at least 6 months living or working in developing countries (please click on the job descriptions for more detail).
Successful registrants will be provided a learning and health pathway towards being a Canadian Red Cross-deployable delegate that can be called upon during times of emergency or project requirements.
What we offer our delegates:
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
- Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
- And much more! See the list here: http://www.redcross.ca/about-us/jobs/before-you-apply/benefits
Want to foresee how you will make a difference? Visit our following websites below to get a glimpse of what we do, aspire to be one of our many current delegates, locate where we deploy, and much more!
If you are up to the challenge and would like to explore the opportunities that the Canadian Red Cross has to offer, please submit your CV/resume and a letter of motivation via our career page at www.redcross.ca
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.