- This event has passed.
TOGETHER FOR GENDER EQUALITY: STRENGTHENING ORGANIZATIONAL PRACTICE & POLICIES TO PREVENT AND ADDRESS SEXUAL MISCONDUCT
February 8 @ 9:45 am - 5:00 pm EST
OCIC and Humber College, in collaboration with the CCIC Steering Committee to Address and Prevent Sexual Misconduct, invite senior leaders — including heads of agencies, HR and operations, as well as relevant directors and managers within our community — to join a dialogue and capacity building event focused on supporting civil society organizations (CSOs) in addressing and preventing sexual misconduct.
This event builds on the “shared commitment of Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve… [by] creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable,” (as outlined in the CCIC Leaders Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct).
It will provide a much-needed space for
- building knowledge and capacity, through panel presentations and discussion, approaching the topic from diverse perspectives with the frame of survivor- or victim-centred approaches;
- sharing realities and challenges and exploring solutions through roundtable discussions focused on specific aspects of the overall theme; and
- building practical skills through an applied workshop with an inter-generational and multi-stakeholder audience.
Other interested staff and volunteers, students and community members are welcome to register for the afternoon capacity building workshop and networking opportunity, from 2:00 – 5:00 PM. OCIC and Humber College will produce a summary report highlighting key issues, ideas and resources presented and discussed, following this International Development Week 2019 event.
- When: Fri, February 8, 2019 | 9:45AM – 5:00PM
- Where: Humber College Lakeshore Campus, G Commons, 2 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive,
- Morning Only $40
- Afternoon Only $40
- Full Day $60
- Morning Only $60
- Afternoon Only $60
- Full Day $100
- Afternoon Only $20
|Registration & Fair Trade Cafe|
Land Acknowledgement & Opening Remarks
Panel Presentations and Discussion focused on
Moderator: Nicolas Moyer – CEO, Canadian Council for International Cooperation
|12:00-1:00||Participant Roundtable Discussions through the lense of: prevention and mitigation; listening and incident response, and learning|
Lunch & Presentation
|2:00-4:30||Capacity Building Workshop focusing on building and understanding the implications of a sectoral definition of a survivor-centred approach to PSEA; creating and sharing a repository of resources including mapping, databases, trainings and sample policies and practices; and socializing and building understanding around good practice and common challenges.|
|4:30-5:00||Closing Remarks & Networking|
RELEVANT READING & RESOURCES
- CCIC Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct
- The Whistler Declaration on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in International Assistance
- Tidewater Joint Statement on Combating Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the Development and Humanitarian Sectors