- This event has passed.
Summer Webinar Series: Exploring Critical Gaps in SRHR
August 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until September 4, 2019
CCIC is pleased to collaborate with Action Canada and CanWaCH on a series of webinars that will discus some of the identified gap areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The webinars will bring together experts from international partners and Canadian civil society organizations to discuss integrative programming and best practices for programming in these areas.
On June 4, 2019, the Government of Canada announced an annual investment of $1.4b for women’s and children’s health between 2020-2030 with $700m/year earmarked for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) with a focus on the neglected areas. With this new commitment, Canada is positioned to become the single largest country donor for comprehensive SRHR in the world.
More recently, Global Affairs Canada launched the “Health and Rights for Women, Adolescent Girls and Children” call for proposals. With $325 million over five years, selected projects will improve the quality of, access to, and demand for integrated health services and information for women, adolescents, and children at the community, health facility, and health system levels. 50% of the funding will be earmarked for critical gap areas of SRHR including:
- Reproductive health services
- Comprehensive sexuality education
- Family planning and contraceptives
- Safe and legal abortion and post-abortion care
- Sexual and gender-based violence (including child, early and forced marriage, and female genital mutilation and cutting)
- Advocacy activities for SRHR
Join us throughout August and September in our series of webinars where the objectives are:
- To share expertise and build capacity on the most neglected areas of SRHR;
- To demonstrate best practices and integrative SRHR programming;
- To build partnerships and networks among organizations working on SRHR in different capacities.
The schedule and themes are as follows:
- Wednesday, August 14, 10am-11am EDT: Safe and legal abortion and post-abortion care
- Wednesday, August 21, 10am-11am EDT: Comprehensive sexuality education
- Wednesday, August 28, 10am-11am EDT: Advocacy activities for SRHR
- Wednesday, September 4, 10am-11am EDT: Family planning and contraceptives.